News

Participants in sexualized video posted online ask Richmond RCMP to drop investigation


Mounties drop investigation after speaking to business owner and those in the video

Article content

The Richmond RCMP says people in a sexualized video that was released widely on the internet earlier this month have asked that a police investigation be stopped.

Article content

On April 14, the RCMP stated that a person had reported a video containing intimate images had allegedly been recorded and distributed online without consent from the people in the video.

At that time, police said the video had been widely viewed and that the investigation underway was a high priority. The RCMP’s Cybercrime Unit was involved.

On Thursday, the RCMP said that its investigation had led it to a business in the 4000-block of No. 3 Road, where the person responsible for the video was identified.

“We have been able to determine the well-being of the people in the video,” said Richmond RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Dennis Hwang. “At the request of the people involved in the video, our investigation will be concluded.”

Hwang said the Cybercrime Unit had been working with internet service providers and social media platforms to have the video removed.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close